(also adductor muscle)
1A muscle whose contraction moves a limb or other part of the body towards the midline of the body or towards another part. Compare with abductor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The adductor muscle group is often a source of pain in these overuse syndromes.
- Tenderness and a palpable mass were found at the adductor muscle insertion area.
- Slide the blade into the oyster along the underside of the top shell, cutting the adductor muscle to release the oyster.
1.1Any of a number of specific muscles in the hand, foot, or thigh: [followed by Latin genitive]: adductor hallucis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Your upper hip muscles and adductors (inner thighs) get a challenging workout as well, from stabilizing your standing leg.
- This also works the adductors (inner thigh, pulling muscle) and the abductors (outer thigh, pushing muscle).
- As part of his strength regimen, he works his peroneal muscles (which run along the ankles) and his adductors (the muscles in your groin and inner thigh).
Definición de adductor en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda