(also adductor muscle)
1A muscle whose contraction moves a limb or other part of the body towards the midline of the body or towards another part. Compare with abductor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The adductor muscle group is often a source of pain in these overuse syndromes.
- Tenderness and a palpable mass were found at the adductor muscle insertion area.
- Slide the blade into the oyster along the underside of the top shell, cutting the adductor muscle to release the oyster.
1.1Any of a number of specific muscles in the hand, foot, or thigh: [followed by Latin genitive]: adductor hallucis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Your upper hip muscles and adductors (inner thighs) get a challenging workout as well, from stabilizing your standing leg.
- This also works the adductors (inner thigh, pulling muscle) and the abductors (outer thigh, pushing muscle).
- As part of his strength regimen, he works his peroneal muscles (which run along the ankles) and his adductors (the muscles in your groin and inner thigh).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ad|duct¦or
Definición de adductor en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda