(Especially of body tissue) used for the storage of fat.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue and skeletal muscle mass, however, were the same in both groups.
- We measured the circumference of the waist and hips, and we analysed subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue by gas chromatography for fatty acids.
- The weight of the abdominal viscera and adipose tissue pressed on the diaphragm, resulting in decreased chest volume.
mid 18th century: from modern Latin adiposus, from adeps, adip- 'fat'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Grossly, the right ventricular chamber was moderately to markedly dilated, and its free wall showed extensive myocardial adiposity.
- Central abdominal adiposity has a stronger association with CV risk factors than peripheral obesity and is more predictive of coronary events.
- For example, central adiposity is linked with insulin resistance, whereas centrifugal or gluteal adiposity is not.
Definición de adipose en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.