Definición de adjacent en inglés:
- Clive and his friends brought the equipment down from their second floor apartment and set up in the room adjacent to the rec room.
- The first morning I stopped abruptly when I heard a squealing pack of rats in a room adjacent to ours.
- The filling station adjacent to the show rooms will not be disturbed during the building works.
- Their centers thus lie on the trisectors of the angles adjacent to that line.
- adjacency sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As with most exhibitions, the adjacencies were clearly telling.
- Ironically, adjacency didn't necessarily mean accessibility.
- But we've got a lot of really nifty projects that we're looking at right now that are very entrepreneurial within our core businesses or in an appropriate adjacency, and they're fun.
Late Middle English: from Latin adjacent- 'lying near to', from adjacere, from ad- 'to' + jacere 'lie down'.
easy from Middle English:
Both easy and ease (Middle English) go back via Old French aisier to Latin adjacens ‘lying close by’, source also of adjacent (Late Middle English). Easy-peasy ‘childishly easy’ is only recorded from the 1970s. The ‘peasy’ is simply a rhyme and the childish word intensifies the sense.
Palabras que riman con adjacentcomplacent, obeisant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.