- He said he would refer the issue to the Attorney General for legal advice and adjourn the case until January 31, 2002.
- The case was adjourned for a short break when the court heard that both defendants were feeling unwell.
- The defence asked for time to obtain expert opinion from a US legal expert and the case was adjourned until Tuesday 18 October.
- Following Mass the group adjourned to Gavin's Golden Hill House where a delicious luncheon awaited everyone.
- After inspection the group adjourned to Corpus Christy Communal Centre where tea was served and the signing took place.
- After a walk round the extensive gardens and lake, the group adjourned to Lullingstone for lunch.
- Mr. Justice Carney said the only reason he adjourned the sentence and further hearing was because the youth faced a term of detention.
- The man, of Bideford, Devon, had his bail extended by Judge John Neligan, who adjourned sentence for a pre-sentence report.
- The judge warned the duo they must not assume the fact he had adjourned sentence for pre-sentence reports meant he was in any way indicating what penalty would follow.
Middle English (in the sense 'summon someone to appear on a particular day'): from Old French ajorner, from the phrase a jorn (nome) 'to an (appointed) day'.
Now adjourn suggests ‘break off (until a later time)’, but the early sense was ‘summon someone to appear on a particular day’. It comes from Old French ajorner, from the phrase a jorn (nome) ‘to an (appointed) day’.
Palabras que riman con adjournastern, Berne, burn, churn, concern, discern, earn, fern, fohn, kern, learn, Lucerne, quern, Sauternes, spurn, stern, Sterne, tern, terne, Traherne, turn, urn, Verne, yearn
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ad|journ
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.