Definición de adjutant general en inglés:
sustantivo (plural adjutants general)
1(In the British army) a high-ranking administrative officer.
- A briefing paper from November 1972, written for the Adjutant General of the Army explained how the system worked.
- Col Gordon Somerville receives the OBE for his service as the officer principal, military secretariat at the headquarters of the Adjutant General at Upavon.
- The Army's Adjutant General, Lt Gen Freddie Viggers, inspected the young soldiers from all over Britain and took the salute as they graduated from the college.
1.1(In the US army) the chief administrative officer.
- The Adjutant General replied that by the strictures of the 1918 act of Congress, no award could be made after three years had elapsed since the performance of the deed.
- Once again in Washington, Patton wrote a report to the Adjutant General and stressed the advantages of Clery's system over the methods used in the U.S. Army.
- For reasons now unclear, the bill was withdrawn and action on the proposal ceased on January 3, 1928; however, the Adjutant General of the Army was instructed to file all materials for potential future use.
Definición de adjutant general en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary