1Regard with respect or warm approval: I admire your courage (as adjective admiring) she couldn’t help but notice his admiring glance
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is good for men to respect and admire them, without expecting favours or punishments from them.
- He quite clearly loves Europe, respecting its diversity but admiring its ambitious attempt to unify.
- He was a good father, grandfather and friend and he was highly respected and admired by many.
applaud, praise, express admiration for, commend, approve of, express approval for, favour, look on with favour, think highly of, appreciate;
respect, rate highly, hold in high regard, hold in high esteem, look up to, acclaim;
compliment, speak highly of, put on a pedestal
worship, adore, love, cherish, dote on, be enamoured of, be infatuated with, be taken with, be attracted to, find attractive;
informal carry a torch for, be mad about, be crazy about, be potty about, be wild about, have a crush on, have a thing about, have a pash on, have the hots for, be soft on, take a shine to
British informal fancy
1.1Look at (something impressive or attractive) with pleasure: we were just admiring your garden
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The airborne action is less fluid than the rest, but at least you get to admire the impressive scenery.
- It was hot when I woke but not so much that I couldn't enjoy a brief stroll around the garden, admiring the flowers in the sunshine.
- They are now looking forward to watching the garden blossom and admiring the fruits of their hard work.
Late 16th century: from Latin admirari, from ad- 'at' + mirari 'wonder'.
Palabras que riman con admireacquire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, briar, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, denier, desire, dire, drier, dryer, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, fryer, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, ire, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, trier, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ad¦mire
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda