- 1Someone who has a particular regard for someone or something: he was a great admirer of Henry JamesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By the end of his life he was an international celebrity and was regarded by his admirers as a kind of art guru.
- As admirers and collectors of old technology, we like to think we gave it a new lease on life.
- He left no disciples, but only admirers of his scholarship and conviction.
- 1.1A man who is attracted to a particular woman: she’s got a secret admirerMás ejemplos en oraciones
suitor, wooer, worshipper, beau, sweetheart, lover, love, beloved, lady love, boyfriend, girlfriend, young man, young lady, man friend, lady friend, escort; catch, conquest; Italian inamorato, inamorataBritish • informal boyf, girlf• literary swain
- Since I finished the book I have watched with trepidation and wonder as Maisie has begun to attract male admirers.
- Rachel has attracted her share of admirers from others in the company, however.
- According to the police, Hsiao posted the photos in an effort to attract homosexual admirers.