1A mixture: he felt that his work was an admixture of aggression and creativity
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The weathered minerals of the regolith, together with an admixture of organic matter and water, make up the soil.
- An admixture of ceramic and mineral oxides are fashioned into the internal lining of attire for day-to-day usage, explains Dr. Jose.
- Although the precise composition of the material was not known, it was believed to comprise a mixture of cements, plus crushed fine aggregates, pigments and chemical admixtures.
1.2 [mass noun] The action of adding an ingredient to something else.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- To be saved, it must be admired, but uncorrupted by modern admixture. ‘Museums have to persuade indigenous people to exhibit their culture without amalgamating it into the Western tradition.’
- Eliot's admixture of praise and sharp criticism of Dickens's work first surfaced publicly in the essay on realism that she published in the Westminster Review in July 1856.
- Given recent fossil evidence, Africa may have provided the greatest opportunity for admixture between archaic subpopulations of Homo, simply because Africa harbored the highest levels of diversity.
Palabras que riman con admixturecommixture, fixture, intermixture, mixture
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ad¦mix|ture
Definición de admixture en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda