Definición de ado en inglés:
- ‘Much ado about nothing’ was her reaction to the furore that followed her son's admission late on Thursday that the reports were true.
- Much ado has been made of this, and more ado will be made of it up to the opening bell.
- The new EEC was still considered peripheral, termed ‘much ado about nothing’ by Conservative Foreign Secretary Selwyn Lloyd.
- Five of us struggled, there was no manual apparent but after much ado it was removed… second problem, where does one store the top half of a car?
- With much ado, he places a mirror in front of him so he can see what is going on behind.
- Like all people who inwardly value themselves and have confidence in their abilities, they go about their lives without much ado, usually achieving whatever goals they set for themselves.
affair from Middle English:
This is from Old French à faire ‘to do’. The history of the English word ado is parallel to that of affair. It comes from Old Norse at and do. This parallel between at do and to do can be seen in the sense that ‘fuss’ is apparent in the phrases without more ado and what a to do!
without further (or more) ado
- Without any fuss or delay; immediately: without further ado he hurried down the stepsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So, without further ado, let's quickly gloss over his suggestions and move onto my much more sensible and practical top ten.
- Promptly, without further ado, an entire shift decided to stay at home seriously disrupting production and causing severe losses to the company.
- So without further ado, let me direct you to their respective tasting notes.
Palabras que riman con adoaccrue, adieu, anew, Anjou, aperçu, askew, ballyhoo, bamboo, bedew, bestrew, billet-doux, blew, blue, boo, boohoo, brew, buckaroo, canoe, chew, clew, clou, clue, cock-a-doodle-doo, cockatoo, construe, coo, Corfu, coup, crew, Crewe, cru, cue, déjà vu, derring-do, dew, didgeridoo, do, drew, due, endue, ensue, eschew, feu, few, flew, flu, flue, foreknew, glue, gnu, goo, grew, halloo, hereto, hew, Hindu, hitherto, how-do-you-do, hue, Hugh, hullabaloo, imbrue, imbue, jackaroo, Jew, kangaroo, Karroo, Kathmandu, kazoo, Kiangsu, knew, Kru, K2, kung fu, Lahu, Lanzhou, Lao-tzu, lasso, lieu, loo, Lou, Manchu, mangetout, mew, misconstrue, miscue, moo, moue, mu, nardoo, new, non-U, nu, ooh, outdo, outflew, outgrew, peekaboo, Peru, pew, plew, Poitou, pooh, pooh-pooh, potoroo, pursue, queue, revue, roo, roux, rue, Selous, set-to, shampoo, shih-tzu, shoe, shoo, shrew, Sioux, skean dhu, skew, skidoo, slew, smew, snafu, sou, spew, sprue, stew, strew, subdue, sue, switcheroo, taboo, tattoo, thereto, thew, threw, thro, through, thru, tickety-boo, Timbuktu, tiramisu, to, to-do, too, toodle-oo, true, true-blue, tu-whit tu-whoo, two, vendue, view, vindaloo, virtu, wahoo, wallaroo, Waterloo, well-to-do, whereto, whew, who, withdrew, woo, Wu, yew, you, zoo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.