- 1A thing which adorns or decorates; an ornament: the necktie is no longer a necessary male adornmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
embellishment, embellishing, decorating, decoration, ornamentation, ornament, enhancement, enhancing; beautification, beatifying, prettification, prettifying, dressing up, trimming, emblazoning, elaboration, enrichment, garnishing, gilding; frills, accessories, trimmings, finishing touches• rare fallalery
- Around her throat a simple gold chain was her only adornment.
- I shall wager she has already observed my abandonment of an adornment generally considered requisite.
- Some of the fans claim to have had their cars keyed or received verbal abuse for having Steeler adornments on their vehicles.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The action of adorning something: precious stones have been used for the purposes of adornment for over 7,000 yearsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Stages of entry into the cult may be marked by transformations of the body or its adornment.
- Nor was the adornment of the person altogether overlooked.
- The impulse for personal adornment is hard to stamp out.