Clever or skilful: he was adroit at tax avoidance
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even the most clever, adroit, and skillful legislature cannot achieve zero risk in human affairs.
- My hands are bigger, and more adroit, with nimble fingers that can tie shoes, unwrap candies, and get the sand out from between my toes before we leave the beach.
- The adroit and intelligent use of other men's work, says Prodwit, ‘leads to public applause and adequate remuneration.’
skilful, adept, dexterous, deft, agile, nimble, nimble-fingered, handy; able, capable, competent, skilled, expert, masterly, masterful, master, practised, polished, slick, proficient, accomplished, gifted, talented, peerless; quick-witted, quick-thinking, quick, clever, intelligent, brilliant, bright, smart, sharp, cunning, artful, wily, resourceful, astute, shrewd, canny, ingenious, inventive
North American informal crackerjack
mid 17th century: from French, from à droit 'according to right, properly'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Bril's Flight into Egypt the Holy Family is escorted by a solicitous herd of goats, amusingly and adroitly delineated.
- If the outlines of this sketch were adroitly demarcated by the script, the vivid imagery is further enhanced thanks to performances that are spectacular triumphs for the actors.
- The much-vaunted idea that Burns was ‘a hero-martyr of the working and peasant classes’ and scourge of the establishment is adroitly deflated.