Definición de adstratum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural adstrata)Linguistics
A language or group of elements within it that is responsible for changes in a neighbouring language.
- Romanian has many adstrata of linguistical accretions, but no one so far knows just how deep is the substratum.
- Such word-pairs suggest an adstratum of borrowings.
- I conclude with the remark that traceable East Baltic influence on West Baltic involves not diglossia, but merely adstrata and substrata.
- Example sentences
- Even in those languages that are not contact-based special contact varieties can be observed through the influence of an adstrate or a substrate language.
- This provides a rationale for a hypothesis respecting adstrate development in the area.
- A possible influence of the substrate and adstrate Finno-Ugric languages formerly spoken in the area has been suggested by Western scholars, but in Russian dialectology it seems to be excluded a priori, except in a few studies.
Definición de adstratum en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan