sustantivo (plural adstrata)Linguistics
A language or group of elements within it that is responsible for changes in a neighbouring language.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Romanian has many adstrata of linguistical accretions, but no one so far knows just how deep is the substratum.
- Such word-pairs suggest an adstratum of borrowings.
- I conclude with the remark that traceable East Baltic influence on West Baltic involves not diglossia, but merely adstrata and substrata.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Even in those languages that are not contact-based special contact varieties can be observed through the influence of an adstrate or a substrate language.
- This provides a rationale for a hypothesis respecting adstrate development in the area.
- A possible influence of the substrate and adstrate Finno-Ugric languages formerly spoken in the area has been suggested by Western scholars, but in Russian dialectology it seems to be excluded a priori, except in a few studies.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ad|stra¦tum
Definición de adstratum en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda