- 1Happening as a result of an external factor or chance rather than design or inherent nature: adventitious similaritiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Then, as if in tribute to the adventitious nature of idea generation, the solution came to him in his sleep.
- Nowhere was this adventitious attitude to life more evident than in the rural music scene.
- The influence a writer can exert is purely adventitious.
- 1.1Coming from outside; not native: the adventitious populationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- No adventitious spooks are required to account for this-the ‘laws’ of biochemistry and physics are spooky enough.
- One possible source for this high frequency dispersion could be trace amounts of adventitious oxygen or contributions from iron.
- Indeed, it has been proposed that these adventitious materials play a role in in meso crystallization.
- 1.2 Biology Formed accidentally or in an unusual anatomical position: adventitious lobes may appear between the primariesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It has previously been shown that adventitious organogenesis and embryogenesis could occur in parallel from in vitro-cultured tissues of Helianthus.
- In adventitious embryony, the embryo develops directly from nucellar or chalazal tissue without an intervening gametophyte stage.
- Flight-feather molt categories were symmetric, adventitious, and juvenal.
- 1.3 Botany (Of a root, shoot, etc.) produced in an unusual part of a plant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The total number of primary adventitious roots per plant was closely correlated with corm dry weight.
- The young parasite then develops a tubercle, with adventitious roots and a shoot.
- Oxygen transport from shoot through adventitious roots has been visualized directly.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That is, idiosyncratic behavior may develop adventitiously.
- Leafy shoots are borne adventitiously on the dorsal side of the long, creeping root.
- On the facts as we understand them, it was an offence adventitiously committed.