- It has produced non-commercial public service advertisements, including ones for the 1999 election.
- And nowhere is this science more exciting than in the advertisements for personal care products.
- City pages of newspapers are filled with high visibility advertisements for new products.
- All in all it makes a poor advertisement for the firm.
- The film is no bad advertisement for the company, either.
- The current edition is a dull, impersonal and ill - judged advertisement for what we trust is the excitement to come.
Latin advertere ‘turn towards’ is the base of advertise (Late Middle English) and advertisement. Advertisement was originally ‘a statement calling attention to something’; it started to be abbreviated to advert in the mid 19th century. If you do something inadvertently (mid 17th century) then you have not turned your mind towards it. verse is related.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ad¦ver¦tise|ment
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.