Definición de advocate en inglés:
- He was a prime advocate of arguments supporting the holding of terrorism suspects without access to courts.
- He is also an advocate of strong financial support for graduate students and their research.
- I think he is a worthy advocate of the policy and he is also a worthy adversary for the press.
- To do otherwise would be to betray the trust that our patients place in us as advocates on their behalf.
- I'm not bashful about being an advocate on behalf of our communities.
- At least the Commissioner for Children advocates on behalf of children.
- Like all lawyers, they are required to act as officers of the court as well as advocates.
- That may or may not say something about English pleaders, English advocates, and English jurors.
- Your Honours, at common law there is absolute privilege for what is said in court by an advocate.
- The State advocates and legal aid counsel who were expected to arrive last weekend have not yet arrived.
- Replying to a question by the advocate, he said he had not seen his client firing the rifle.
- Both counsels, advocate for the State and for the defence, will resume argument today.
- He advocated overseas colonization and supported the South in the American Civil War.
- He has often publicly advocated a life ban for those athletes who test positive.
- Lafontaine has recently come close to publicly advocating a grand coalition.
- advocateship sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When I had somewhat considered the excellency of the advocateship, I adventured to write what I have seen thereof.
- He was a graduate of the School of Law with 16 years of advocateship in Belarus.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- None of these dissidents has so far expressed such clear advocation of a secular society.
- So I would say most of it ultimately is our advocation.
- There is an overt advocation of group hatred evolving here that should be offensive to everyone.
Middle English: from Old French avocat, from Latin advocatus, past participle (used as a noun) of advocare 'call (to one's aid)', from ad- 'to' + vocare 'to call'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.