Definición de aegis en inglés:
1 [in singular] The protection, backing, or support of a particular person or organization: the negotiations were conducted under the aegis of the UN
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a quasi-governmental organization, it enjoys protection under the aegis of HM Government.
- These facilities are hidden in various ways, frequently coming under the aegis of innocuous organizations.
- That piece of evidence is the document produced under the aegis of the UN Security Council.
2(In classical art and mythology) an attribute of Zeus and Athene (or their Roman counterparts Jupiter and Minerva) usually represented as a goatskin shield.
- Here the goddess wears her high-crested helmet, and a himation replaces her aegis over the peplos.
- Athena wears her high-crested Attic helmet, a colorful and embroidered peplos, and her aegis.
- That's why he let her use his insignia: the terrible shield, the aegis and his devastating weapon, the ray.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan