Definición de aeon en inglés:
- It is ages and aeons since I have been to the Hills.
- I'll spend aeons staring at bottles of expensive shampoo humming ‘Maybe this time’.
- Just after that, she started going out with a mutual friend of ours, who I'd dated aeons ago and was still friendly with.
- Because they have succumbed to erosion and weathering, perhaps for aeons, these craters are notoriously difficult to spot.
- It's a rock place, a world of eons and eras and millions of years conflated to timelessness.
- Over the eons the lunar spin rate has been damped by Earth's gravity, because the Moon's mass distribution is not uniform.
- The record has been much deformed, reconstituted, and obliterated during the subsequent Proterozoic and Phanerozoic eons.
- The rocks dated back into the Archean eon, before 2.5 billion years ago.
- These creatures were direct descendants of the great dinosaurs of the long past Mesozoic Aeon.
- He goes on to note that all aeons emanate from it.
- This aeon is the image of the eternal age of the next life.
- Whether that master be regarded as a sage or as a Gnostic aeon, the orthodox view of him would be seriously challenged.
Mid 17th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek aiōn 'age'.
This entered English via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek aiōn ‘age’ and is usually used in the plural in phrases such as aeons ago.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.