Definición de aerobic en inglés:
- Plants, as other aerobic organisms, require oxygen for the efficient production of energy.
- The importance of free fatty acids in aerobic metabolism is best shown in cardiac muscle.
- White blood cells have respiratory enzymes for aerobic metabolism, and others suited to their particular functions.
- Weight training and aerobic exercise are important for improving body composition.
- There was a time in your life when you didn't even realize what you were doing was called aerobic or cardio exercise.
- For a fit and healthy cardiovascular system, aerobic training should be performed three to four times a week.
air from Middle English:
1 The main modern sense of air, ‘the invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth’ entered English via Old French and Latin from Greek aēr. Aerial (late 16th century), meaning ‘a rod or wire by which signals are transmitted or received’ and ‘existing or happening in the air’, comes from the same source, along with the Italian word aria (early 18th century). Aerobic (late 19th century) is from aēr combined with Greek bios ‘live’.
2 The senses of air ‘an impression or manner’ and ‘a condescending manner’ (as in she gave herself airs) are probably from a completely different word, Old French aire ‘site, disposition’, which derives from Latin ager ‘field’, the root of English words such as agriculture (Late Middle English). Airy-fairy (mid 19th century) ‘impractical and foolishly idealistic’, was originally used to mean ‘delicate or light as a fairy’. The English poet Alfred, Lord Tennyson ( 1809–1892), in his poem ‘Lilian’ ( 1830), described the subject as ‘Airy, fairy Lilian, Flitting, fairy Lilian’. See also gas
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This means being aerobically fit and having stamina.
- A healthy body is one that is strong, flexible and aerobically fit.
- The thing with long distance running is that you don't have to push yourself incredibly hard, particularly aerobically.
Palabras que riman con aerobicagoraphobic, claustrophobic, homophobic, hydrophobic, phobic, technophobic, xenophobic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.