Definición de aerobrake en inglés:
verbo[no object] technical
Cause a spacecraft to slow down by flying through a planet’s rarefied atmosphere to produce aerodynamic drag: they were going to be aerobraking to reduce speed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the planet has an atmosphere, it can be used for aerobraking to slow down the spacecraft, and this has been done at Mars.
- Martian orbiters can use aerobraking to reduce the amount of propellant they need.
- Odyssey used the same dips into the atmosphere, known as aerobraking, to shape its orbit during the initial months after it reached Mars.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A mechanism for aerobraking.
- The cargo lander would include an aerobrake heat shield and a nuclear reactor on a robot truck.
- The aerobrake - a huge, convex disc underneath the spacecraft - was producing friction with the Martian atmosphere.
- They dive through the sun's corona at one point, and aerobrake into orbit around Jupiter.
Definición de aerobrake en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan