verbo[no object] technical
Cause a spacecraft to slow down by flying through a planet’s rarefied atmosphere to produce aerodynamic drag: they were going to be aerobraking to reduce speed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the planet has an atmosphere, it can be used for aerobraking to slow down the spacecraft, and this has been done at Mars.
- Martian orbiters can use aerobraking to reduce the amount of propellant they need.
- Odyssey used the same dips into the atmosphere, known as aerobraking, to shape its orbit during the initial months after it reached Mars.
A mechanism for aerobraking.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cargo lander would include an aerobrake heat shield and a nuclear reactor on a robot truck.
- The aerobrake - a huge, convex disc underneath the spacecraft - was producing friction with the Martian atmosphere.
- They dive through the sun's corona at one point, and aerobrake into orbit around Jupiter.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: aero|brake
Definición de aerobrake en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda