plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
1The study of the properties of moving air and the interaction between the air and solid bodies moving through it.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Students study subjects such as aerodynamics, aircraft electrical systems and avionics.
- The University of Bath researchers are studying the complex aerodynamics needed to fly very small unmanned aircraft.
- Even the great 16th century artist Leonardo da Vinci made studies of aerodynamics and flying apparatus.
1.1 [treated as plural] The properties of a solid object regarding the manner in which air flows around it: the plane has the aerodynamics of a brick once the forward thrust is lost
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fur on tennis balls and the stitching on baseballs also create turbulence, which similarly affects the aerodynamics.
- It's just the way these cars are designed with the aerodynamics.
- But last week in testing we made some steps forward in terms of tyres and aerodynamics, so we should be strong here.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Well, I am originally an aerodynamicist - my Ph.D. was in an aerodynamics department.
- The laws of physics aren't all that aerodynamicists deal with when they head to the wind tunnel.
- While it's presently in the domain of engineers and aerodynamicists, they're working on a digital interface for designers.
Definición de aerodynamics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda