Definición de afferent en inglés:
Conducting or conducted inwards or towards something (for nerves, the central nervous system; for blood vessels, the organ supplied). The opposite of efferent.
- Cough is mediated by the interaction of sensory afferent nerves, central cough reflexes, and local axon reflexes.
- In addition, the dorsal central column of primary afferent fibers within the spinal cord appears susceptible to the inhibitory effects of hypoxia in rats.
- Sensory systems are generally presumed to convey peripheral afferent signals to the central nervous system with a high degree of fidelity.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An afferent nerve fibre or vessel.
- It may also be the site of projection of proprioceptive afferents from the respiratory muscles and chest wall.
- In addition, cholinergic afferents can be stimulated by a variety of mediators involved in allergen-induced airway inflammation.
- Muscle receptor afferents are involved in the level and timing of respiratory activity.
mid 19th century: from Latin afferent- 'bringing towards', from the verb afferre, from ad- 'to' + ferre 'bring'.
Definición de afferent en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan