- A written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation, for use as evidence in court: a former employee swore an affidavit relating to his claim for unfair dismissalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Would you read onto the record the affidavits that contain the evidentiary material that is before us?
- When carrying out the enquiry the Court acts upon affidavits rather than oral evidence.
- Although late in delivering the affidavits of documents the affidavits have now been delivered.
mid 16th century: from medieval Latin, literally 'he has stated on oath', from affidare.
Más definiciones de affidavitDefinición de affidavit en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.