- Make sure your copyright notice is affixed to copies in such manner and location as to give reasonable notice of your copyright.
- Once the border on the wood is engraved, a fine cotton canvas is affixed to the wood with rabbit skin glue - a binding agent that is soaked in water overnight and then heated.
- At least one fastener affixes the mounting bracket and component to the chassis.
- How does it work and how does it affix to your ankle or your wrist?
- The slightly modified handguards affix to the tube and the new sling swivel lives there too.
- Easily affixed to the fridge or kitchen wall, the boards allow you to scribble notes and reminders when they come to you.
- Languages that work like this, where whole phrases or clauses can be formed in one word by attaching affixes to noun stems or verbs, are called polysynthetic.
- We usually have in mind a system where a stem is combined with various affixes, which might be prefixes, suffixes, or infixes.
- The experimenters pronounced the affixes and bases in the blending part and the complex words in the segmentation part.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Newspapers - even the venerable New York Times - printed flags across entire back pages for affixation to windows.
- Root and pattern affixation is considered nonlinear since neither of the two morphological components appears in continuous form; rather, they are interdigitated within each other.
- That is, the traditional concept of witnessing the affixation of a traditional signature reduces the incidence of forged signatures.
Late Middle English: from Old French affixer or medieval Latin affixare, frequentative of Latin affigere, from ad- 'to' + figere 'to fix'.
Palabras que riman con affixadmix, commix, fix, Hicks, intermix, MI6, mix, nix, Nyx, pix, Pnyx, prix fixe, pyx, Ricks, six, Styx, transfix, Wicks
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: affix
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.