Definición de afflict en inglés:
- When we are afflicted with such illnesses, we expect to recover quickly and fully.
- This will remove the problems afflicting society, particularly those affecting the working class majority.
- Companies have made great advances in tackling health problems afflicting dancers, but those could be lost if proper practices are not maintained at all levels of the profession, he said.
- But if that path is afflicted, the astrologer can suggest alternatives.
- It is cadent from the Ascendant and afflicted by a square to Saturn.
- Saturn, the Greater Malefic and ruler of the 8th house, is stronger than the victim's significator, the Moon, and afflicts the 11 th house of hopes and dreams.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And through fine moments of awareness, it is possible to not let afflictive emotions like anger evolve as a chain reaction that leads to the wish to harm.
- The passion for setting people right is in itself an afflictive disease.
- And if they destroy your inner well-being and then also that of others, then we call them either negative, or afflictive, or obscuring, or destructive.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'deject, humiliate'): from Latin afflictare 'knock about, harass', or from afflict- 'knocked down, weakened': both from the verb affligere, from ad- 'to' + fligere 'to strike, dash'.
The early senses of afflict were ‘deject’ and ‘humiliate’; the word comes from Latin afflictare ‘knock about, harass’. Inflict (mid 16th century) originally had the same meaning and comes from Latin infligere ‘to strike against’.
Palabras que riman con afflictaddict, conflict, constrict, contradict, convict, delict, depict, evict, hand-picked, inflict, interdict, Pict, predict, reconvict, strict
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.