1An Afrikaans-speaking white person in South Africa, especially one descended from the Dutch and Huguenot settlers of the 17th century.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In my academic posting here I report a study of South African Afrikaners (whites of Dutch origin).
- After 1845, the Pedi also had to contend with an influx of white Afrikaner settlers, some of whom seized Pedi children and forced them to work as slaves.
- Key innovators were often British settlers, but Afrikaners, still the predominant landowners, were drawn into the commercial pastoral economy.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They represented our country with the notion that Afrikanerdom and the Lord would get them through.
- His role as lecturer in what was a bastion of Afrikanerdom is of fairly recent origin.
- This rule by the generals was wholly unacceptable to the great notables of Afrikanerdom.
Palabras que riman con AfrikanerAfricana, Americana, ana, banana, Botswana, bwana, cabana, caragana, Christiana, Dana, darner, Edwardiana, garner, Georgiana, Ghana, Gloriana, Guiana, gymkhana, Haryana, iguana, Lana, lantana, liana, Lipizzaner, Ljubljana, Mahayana, mana, mañana, marijuana, nirvana, Oriana, pacarana, piranha, prana, Purana, Rosh Hashana, Santayana, Setswana, sultana, Tatiana, Tijuana, Tirana, tramontana, Tswana, varna, Victoriana, zenana
Definición de Afrikaner en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda