- The aga was also charged of controlling all the goods and passengers to embark since they needed the beys permission
- Many of the exiled agas eventually found their ways back from Syria and took up their feudal roles, but they did not reclaim this village.
- Wealthy Turkish Agas and Beys lived in the town as well.
saga from early 18th century:
The original medieval sagas told traditional stories of the families of Iceland and the kings of Norway. No one in Britain paid much attention to them until the 18th century, at the same time as the word saga entered the language. Its old Icelandic original is the equivalent of English saw in old saw, an old proverb or maxim, and meant ‘a narrative, a story’. From the mid 19th century saga came also to apply to stories of heroic achievement and then to novels tracing families through several generations. The 1990s gave us the Aga saga, a novel by a writer such as Joanna Trollope set in a rural location and concerning the emotional lives of characters who set great store by their Aga, a stove invented in Sweden. Aga (mid 20th century) gets its name from the initial letters of Svenska Aktienbolaget Gasackumulator, Swedish Gas Accumulator Company, the original manufacturers.
Definición de aga en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
- Also included in the sale is an Aga, oven, hob and fridge-freezer.
- A traditional range such as an Aga is also an option if you have the space, as they can boil water as well as supply heat for cooking.
- The impressive kitchen includes fitted maple units with an integrated dishwasher, a double oven and hob and an oil-fired Aga.
1930s: from the Swedish name (Svenskaa) A(ktiebolaget) Ga(sackumulator) 'Swedish Gas Accumulator Company', the original manufacturer.
Palabras que riman con AgaBraga, dagga, dargah, laager, lager, naga, Onondaga, raga, saga
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.