An Old World lizard with a large head and a long tail, typically showing a marked difference in colour and form between the sexes.
- Genus Agama, family Agamidae: many species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A color usually not visible might be flashed by some species, such as the African agama which turns to face an intruder and opens its mouth to expose the brilliant orange inside.
- Agama Lizards are active during the day and enjoy low humidity and sunshine (or UVB lighting).
- His colour is not right for a Red-Headed Agama and yet there is no other Agama for the area in the book that fills his description
late 18th century: perhaps from Carib (the name was originally applied to a West Indian lizard).
agamid sustantivo& adjetivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He makes few assumptions about higher-level lizard taxonomy and includes geckos, skinks and agamids among his ingroup taxa.
- Draco volans, the ‘flying dragon’ lizard: A small arboreal agamid lizard that has elongate ribs that support the gliding membrane.
- In addition to iguanas, the Iguania include agamids, chameleons and a few lesser known groups.