- A succulent plant with rosettes of narrow spiny leaves and tall flower spikes, native to the southern US and tropical America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Agave, family Agavaceae: numerous species, including the century plant
- Species with leathery leaves such as agaves, aloes, echeverias and sanseverias are the obvious choice because they can tolerate extremes of heat, cold and drought.
- Succulent plants such as agaves, aloes, and echeverias are often associated with heat-loving landscapes.
- The often steep and rugged lower slopes of the mountains are dominated by cacti, agaves, yuccas, and thorn-bearing shrubs.
Latin, from Greek Agauē, the name of one of the daughters of Cadmus in Greek mythology, from agauos 'illustrious'.
Más definiciones de agaveDefinición de agave en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.