sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Inability to interpret sensations and hence to recognize things, typically as a result of brain damage: visual agnosiaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Dementia is chronic and progressive, and it is characterized by the gradual onset of impaired memory and deficits in two or more areas of cognition, such as anomia, agnosia or apraxia.
- The cognitive disorder in Huntington's disease is considered a ‘subcortical’ syndrome and usually lacks features such as aphasia, amnesia, or agnosia that are associated with dementia of the Aizheimer's type.
- Edward DeHaan and his colleagues describe covert recognition in prosopagnosia, another category-specific agnosia in which faces cannot be visually recognized.
early 20th century: coined in German from Greek agnōsia 'ignorance'.
Más definiciones de agnosiaDefinición de agnosia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.