- They may mimic naturally occurring steroids, act as hormone receptor agonists or antagonists or alter the enzymes responsible for hormone synthesis and degradation.
- Medications that can reduce androgen levels include estrogen, gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists, and glucocorticoids.
- These observations provide support for the model that glucose and structurally related sugars are agonists of the Gpr1 receptor.
- In addition, we believe that the agonist / antagonist muscle ratios are important values when considering how the scapula provides stability, mobility, and symptom-free function.
- The agonist and antagonist muscles work in concert to create muscular balance in the human body.
- It's a matter of muscle aesthetics: The upper arm looks best when both its opposing muscle groups, the agonists and antagonists - that's bis and tris to you - carry a complementary amount of muscle.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Studies have clearly demonstrated that key therapies in the acute attack of migraine share the common pharmacologic activity of serotonin receptor agonism.
- Rather, all known abused drugs affect a limited number of neurotransmitters by agonism or antagonism of a specific receptor site.
- An agonist is described as a drug that binds to and activates receptors; the possibility of spontaneous receptor activity and therefore of inverse agonism is not mentioned.
Early 20th century: from Greek agōnistēs 'contestant' (a sense reflected in English in the early 17th century), from agōn 'contest'.
Palabras que riman con agonistantagonist, protagonist
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: agon|ist
Definición de agonist en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.