Definición de agouti en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or agoutis)
1A large long-legged burrowing rodent related to the guinea pig, native to Central and South America.
- Genera Cuniculus and Dasyprocta, family Dasyproctidae: several species
- People gather the nuts, as do native rabbit-size rodents called agoutis.
- There are many possibilities, especially for comparative research in mole rats, agouti, gerbils and elephant shrews.
- These include the capybara, the agouti, the coypu, the cavy and the chinchilla.
1.1 [mass noun] Fur in which each hair has alternate dark and light bands, producing a grizzled appearance.
- The dorsal hair shows so-called agouti pattern.
- In mice, as in many other mammals, the wild-type pigmentation pattern of the fur is called agouti.
- If they can see a tabby pattern in the fur, then the cat must be agouti, whereas if the colors are solid then the cat is nonagouti.
1.2A rodent, especially a mouse, having agouti fur.
- Fig 2 shows the chemical analysis of melanins from dorsal midline fur of adult agouti mutant mice.
- Many genetics texts include examples of agouti and black in mice.
- Crossings between dark variants and gray agoutis only produced agoutis.
Definición de agouti en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan