sustantivo (plural igual or agoutis)
- 1A large long-legged burrowing rodent related to the guinea pig, native to Central and South America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genera Cuniculus and Dasyprocta, family Dasyproctidae: several species
- People gather the nuts, as do native rabbit-size rodents called agoutis.
- There are many possibilities, especially for comparative research in mole rats, agouti, gerbils and elephant shrews.
- These include the capybara, the agouti, the coypu, the cavy and the chinchilla.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Fur in which each hair has alternate dark and light bands, producing a grizzled appearance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The dorsal hair shows so-called agouti pattern.
- In mice, as in many other mammals, the wild-type pigmentation pattern of the fur is called agouti.
- If they can see a tabby pattern in the fur, then the cat must be agouti, whereas if the colors are solid then the cat is nonagouti.
- 1.2A rodent, especially a mouse, having agouti fur.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fig 2 shows the chemical analysis of melanins from dorsal midline fur of adult agouti mutant mice.
- Many genetics texts include examples of agouti and black in mice.
- Crossings between dark variants and gray agoutis only produced agoutis.
mid 16th century: via French or from Spanish aguti, from Tupi akutí.
Más definiciones de agoutiDefinición de agouti en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.