The science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Success in obtaining the required output of food from agriculture depends on soil fertility.
- Essentially this ditches almost all animal agriculture except for beef and dairy products.
- They have opened the way to a new phase in the history of agriculture, animal breeding and husbandry.
late Middle English: from Latin agricultura, from ager, agr- 'field' + cultura 'growing, cultivation'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Around the middle of the eighteenth century, the breeding of livestock was dramatically changed by Robert Bakewell, an English agriculturist.
- At North Dakota, as at Minnesota, he was the first professor of agriculture and agriculturist for the agricultural experiment station.
- It should have major appeal to practicing agriculturists, agricultural advisors, land managers and students of agricultural science, especially upperclassmen.