1A high rank of officer in the RAF, above air vice-marshal and below air chief marshal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The air marshal program - every air marshal - available air marshal is deployed.
- However, in order to disguise this distinction he was made an air marshal, to sit beside a full admiral and full general.
- She married Jeremy Lee-Potter, a medical student and the son of an air marshal in 1957.
2chiefly US An armed guard who travels incognito on certain commercial flights, trained to take action in the event of a hijack or other violent criminal action: a plan to allow passengers to carry knives is being tabled amid protests from air marshals
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The US Department of Homeland Security requested the presence of air marshals on threatened flights in late December.
- She's also busy developing standards for federal air marshals and flight deck officers so they can carry firearms in the cockpit.
- I was glad to know that there is really an air marshal there, and they are not afraid to shoot somebody who says they have a bomb.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: air mar|shal
Definición de air marshal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda