- A tropical American plant that grows on trees as an epiphyte, with long, narrow leaves that absorb water and nutrients from the atmosphere.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Tillandsia, family Bromeliaceae: several species
- Apart from Spanish moss, epiphytic bromeliads include ball moss, Schultes northern needleleaf (with curved leaves) and southern needleleaf, and the rare spreading air plant.
- The reason you can is that most popular cultivated orchids are epiphytes, or air plants, which most often grow on trees or the surfaces of rocks.
- At the summits and on the western side, where high winds and cooler temperatures make growing conditions most severe, is a so-called elfin forest comprising dwarf, gnarly trees draped with epiphytes, or air plants, including orchids.
Más definiciones de air plantDefinición de air plant en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.