Definición de airway en inglés:
1The passage by which air reaches a person’s lungs: he kept the man’s airway clear and blood circulating
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Preliminary studies show these compounds improve the flow of mucus through the respiratory tract, allowing airways to clear more quickly and efficiently.
- Infiltration of the large and small airways with eosinophils, neutrophils, plasma cells, and lymphocytes is common.
- In patients with severe trauma, airway compromise is a cause of prehospital death that can be prevented and simple airway manoeuvres can clear the airway to provide vital oxygenation.
1.1A tube for supplying air to a person’s lungs in an emergency.
- A high incidence of middle ear complications from hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been described in patients with artificial airways.
- Gastric inflation is a dangerous complication of using laryngeal mask airways in advanced life support
- The review uncovered a wide range of research relating to the practice of suctioning adults with an artificial airway.
2A recognized route followed by aircraft.
- Tip 6 Use a bright marking pen to lay out your course on the sectional chart, even if it's following an airway - they all look the same.
- Keep your aircraft perpendicular to an airway when crossing it.
- The Short Empire flying boats were extremely successful aircraft that helped extend the airways to all corners of the British empire.
2.1 (Airways) In names of airlines: British Airways
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- US Airways and American Airlines have put fares on sale for travel to and from New York.
- The Airline Group consists of British Airways, British Midland, Virgin Atlantic, easyJet, Monarch Airlines, Britannia Airways and Airtours.
- The airline has so-called code-sharing agreements with Delta Air, Alitalia, Garuda Indonesia, Thai Airways and Vietnam Airlines.
3A ventilating passage in a mine.
- After work stopped about 2pm Birrell and Nasmyth made their examination, and then appear to have travelled to the shaft by the return airway.
- East section is separated from other sections of the Colliery by a fault across which there are only two roads, one the intake and haulage road, and the other the return airway.
- In an intake airway of a coal mine a locomotive was pushing a single materials vehicle.
Definición de airway en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan