Definición de akinesia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Loss or impairment of the power of voluntary movement.
- Slowness - bradykinesia (slow movement) and akinesia (inability to move) are common in people with Parkinson's disease.
- This is a hypokinetic disorder characterized by hypokinesia or akinesia, rigidity, and a rhythmic fine tremor at the rate of 3-6 cycles per second.
- An echocardiogram excluded major pericardial effusion, showing a non-dilated left ventricle with inferior wall akinesia and overall moderate function.
mid 19th century: from Greek akinēsia 'quiescence', from a- 'without' + kinēsis 'motion'.
- Example sentences
- Conversely, they may be fully conscious but feel that they don't want to do anything at all - akinetic mutism.
- In the absence of Behcet's disease, intracardiac thrombus is often found to overlie an akinetic myocardial segment.
- In more derived snakes, most of the occipital elements are fused, forming essentially the only akinetic structure in the skull.
Definición de akinesia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary