sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A simple form of protein that is soluble in water and coagulable by heat, such as that found in egg white, milk, and (in particular) blood serum: analysis showed traces of haemoglobin and serum albumin [count noun]: human and baboon albuminsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The latter phenomenon has also been found for other proteins, such as bovine serum albumin and human serum albumin.
- Wheat also contains two other proteins, albumin and globulin, which are soluble in water and dissolve when the flour is wetted.
- The results were also verified by examining the spectra of two purified proteins, albumin and lysozyme.
mid 19th century: from French albumine, based on Latin albumen, albumin- (see albumen).
Más definiciones de albuminDefinición de albumin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.