Definición de alcaic en inglés:
Using or denoting a verse metre occurring in four-line stanzas.
- It was monodic, and was composed in a variety of lyric metres in two or four-line stanzas, including the alcaic stanza, named after him.
- He turned it down, but the first six odes of Book III, very serious - minded and written in alcaic metre, are closely aligned with Augustus’ policies.
- There aren't many intact alcaic stanzas, but it is an important one [(Horace used in in his Odes [e.g.,])] and you should be familiar with it.
plural sustantivo(alcaics) Volver al principio
- He employed the classical elegiacs and alcaics with ease, and was equally at home with trochaic and iambic lines.
- In translating the odes, for example, I kept to their syllabic count and tried to engender rhythms akin to but not identical with those engendered by alcaics in German.
- The first six odes of Book 3 are sometimes referred to as the Roman Odes, written in stately alcaics in elevated style on patriotic themes.
Definición de alcaic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan