An organic compound containing the group —CHO, formed by the oxidation of alcohols. Typical aldehydes include methanal (formaldehyde) and ethanal (acetaldehyde).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Water, ethanol, volatile organic acids, aldehydes, esters, acetals, and ketones, many of them powerfully aromatic, are among the azeotrope components in wines.
- Included among these compounds are some of the best known of all chemical families, including the hydrocarbons, alcohols, ethers, aldehydes and ketones, and organic acids.
- Over time, however, it oxidizes and chemically degrades to form alcohols, ketones, aldehydes, acids and esters.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Reactions that occur between the aldehydic groups and other amino acids of adjoining molecules lead to cross-links between the molecules and the self-assembly into fibers.
- The aldehydic proton gives a strongly deshielded resonance signal in the H - 1 NMR spectrum.
- The components have high absorption characteristics resulting from the presence of carboxylic, hydroxylic, and aldehydic functional groups.
Mid 19th century: shortened from Latin alcohol dehydrogenatum 'alcohol deprived of hydrogen'.
Definición de aldehyde en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda