- A distilling apparatus, now obsolete, consisting of a gourd-shaped container and a cap with a long beak for conveying the products to a receiver.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ‘limbeck’ is an alembic, a piece of distilling apparatus known also to alchemists.
- Its insignia was two alembics with spouts crossed against a benzene ring.
- The condensation visible when an object is heated in an alembic was sometimes called the queen's tears.
Middle English: via Old French from medieval Latin alembicus, from Arabic al-'anbīq, from al- 'the' + 'anbīq 'still' (from Greek ambix, ambik- 'cup, cap of a still').
Más definiciones de alembicDefinición de alembic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.