sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Inability to recognize or read written words or letters, typically as a result of brain damage. Compare with dyslexia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The chapters in this section address one type of peripheral dyslexia (pure alexia) and one type of central dyslexia (deep dyslexia).
- Strokes that cause alexia, the loss or impairment of the ability to read, or aphasia, the loss or impairment of the ability to express or comprehend language by speech or sign, are examples of debilitating impairment.
- For example, we have the case of alexia without agaphia, in other words, a patient who, due to injury or a stroke, is unable to read, yet able to write.
late 19th century: from a-1 'without' + Greek lexis 'speech', from legein 'speak', which was confused with Latin legere 'read'.
Más definiciones de alexiaDefinición de alexia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.