Definición de allay en inglés:
1Diminish or put at rest (fear, suspicion, or worry): the report attempted to educate the public and allay fears
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The President and his family, in an attempt to allay public fears, got shots on prime-time television.
- So the industry was co-funding a £7 million research programme to try to allay public fears.
- Fearful of being accused of complacency, they fail to allay public fears and often play up hypothetical risks.
reduce, diminish, decrease, lessen, assuage, alleviate, ease, relieve, soothe, soften, take the edge off, dull, cushion, mollify, moderate, calm, lull, temper, mitigate, palliate, blunt, deaden, abate, tone down;
dispel, banish, dismiss, dissipate, drive away, drive off, chase away, put to rest, quell, check, eliminate
1.1Relieve or alleviate (pain or hunger): some stale figs partly allayed our hunger
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our long association has taught me that confiding in others allays pain.
- It allays a feverish thirst that had parched me for many days.
- Rahul did not look at Sanjeet as he wielded the leather crop, but shut his eyes and rolled his head from side to side, slack-mouthed, pain allayed.
Old English ālecgan 'lay down or aside'.
Palabras que riman con allayaffray, agley, aka, Angers, A-OK, appellation contrôlée, array, assay, astray, au fait, auto-da-fé, away, aweigh, aye, bay, belay, betray, bey, Bombay, Bordet, boulevardier, bouquet, brae, bray, café au lait, Carné, cassoulet, Cathay, chassé, chevet, chez, chiné, clay, convey, Cray, crème brûlée, crudités, cuvée, cy-pres, day, decay, deejay, dégagé, distinguée, downplay, dray, Dufay, Dushanbe, eh, embay, engagé, essay, everyday, faraway, fay, fey, flay, fray, Frey, fromage frais, gainsay, Gaye, Genet, giclee, gilet, glissé, gray, grey, halfway, hay, heigh, hey, hooray, Hubei, Hué, hurray, inveigh, jay, jeunesse dorée, José, Kay, Kaye, Klee, Kray, Lae, lay, lei, Littré, Lough Neagh, lwei, Mae, maguey, Malay, Mallarmé, Mandalay, Marseilles, may, midday, midway, mislay, misplay, Monterrey, Na-Dene, nay, né, née, neigh, Ney, noway, obey, O'Dea, okay, olé, outlay, outplay, outstay, outweigh, oyez, part-way, pay, Pei, per se, pince-nez, play, portray, pray, prey, purvey, qua, Quai d'Orsay, Rae, rangé, ray, re, reflet, relevé, roman-à-clef, Santa Fé, say, sei, Shar Pei, shay, slay, sleigh, sley, spae, spay, Spey, splay, spray, stay, straightaway, straightway, strathspey, stray, Sui, survey, sway, Taipei, Tay, they, today, tokay, Torbay, Tournai, trait, tray, trey, two-way, ukiyo-e, underlay, way, waylay, Wei, weigh, wey, Whangarei, whey, yea
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda