- Each of two or more alternative forms of a gene that arise by mutation and are found at the same place on a chromosome. Also called allelomorph.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This result is consistent with the idea that the five members of the group are alleles of the same gene.
- These genes have multiple alleles and are expressed either in the stigma or in the pollen.
- We have no two plant lines that are identical for all alleles of genes yet differ appreciably for genome size.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the two genes carry different alleles, then the allelic genealogy states only that they are different.
- Positions are defined independently of the allelic states of the genes that reside there.
- In contrast to the human situation this gene displays reduced allelic variation.
1930s: from German Allel, abbreviation of allelomorph.
Más definiciones de alleleDefinición de allele en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.