Definición de allele en inglés:
Each of two or more alternative forms of a gene that arise by mutation and are found at the same place on a chromosome. Also called allelomorph.
- This result is consistent with the idea that the five members of the group are alleles of the same gene.
- These genes have multiple alleles and are expressed either in the stigma or in the pollen.
- We have no two plant lines that are identical for all alleles of genes yet differ appreciably for genome size.
- Example sentences
- If the two genes carry different alleles, then the allelic genealogy states only that they are different.
- Positions are defined independently of the allelic states of the genes that reside there.
- In contrast to the human situation this gene displays reduced allelic variation.
Words that rhyme with alleleanele, anneal, appeal, Bastille, Beale, Castile, chenille, cochineal, cockatiel, conceal, congeal, creel, deal, eel, Emile, feel, freewheel, genteel, Guayaquil, heal, heel, he'll, keel, Kiel, kneel, leal, Lille, Lucille, manchineel, meal, misdeal, Neil, O'Neill, ordeal, peal, peel, reel, schlemiel, seal, seel, she'll, spiel, squeal, steal, steel, Steele, teal, underseal, veal, weal, we'll, wheel, zeal
Definición de allele en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia