sustantivo (plural allergies)
- 1A damaging immune response by the body to a substance, especially a particular food, pollen, fur, or dust, to which it has become hypersensitive.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Symptoms of a food allergy usually develop within about an hour after eating the offending food.
- A common skin symptom of a food allergy is hives, or raised red itchy bumps on the skin.
- Symptoms of mild food allergies, such as a rash or runny nose, may be treated with antihistamines.
- 1.1 • informal A strong dislike: their allergy to free enterpriseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Liberals also need to get over their allergy to the cleanest form of energy, nuclear power.
- Or they could have a combination of any of these with a severe allergy to math tables.
- If they achieve support because of their allergy to ID cards, then many people must have a lot to hide.
early 20th century: from German Allergie, from Greek allos 'other', on the pattern of Energie 'energy'.