Definición de allometry en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
1The growth of body parts at different rates, resulting in a change of body proportions.
- Leaf morphology has been quantified and treated mathematically in various contexts, including taxonomy, differential growth and allometry, leaf area estimation and the branching and development of veins.
- Within a defined population, one may expect to find continuous character variation; thus, the adult variability is mainly dependent on allometry occurring at different moments during individual growth.
- The positive allometry in both groups suggests that larger species loaded their jaws more heavily, because deeper jaws are much stronger in resisting loads applied dorsoventrally, as during jaw closure.
1.1The study of allometry.
- He is thus considered to have founded the study of allometry.
- Steve jumped at the chance to write a paper for Biological Reviews on allometry.
- Example sentences
- Substantial differences in, for example, cranidial width and the length and shape of the cranidial border, are generated by variation in the rates of allometric change during ontogeny.
- The presence of an allometric relationship between brain and body mass is widely recognized in the literature, although the nature of this relationship may vary considerably between taxa.
- The new allometric equations presented by the authors advance our understanding of seabird energetics in important ways and enhance our ability to predict energetics and conductance.
Definición de allometry en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan