Definición de allopathy en inglés:
The treatment of disease by conventional means, i.e. with drugs having effects opposite to the symptoms. Often contrasted with homeopathy.
- If the imbalance called illness occurs, they apply self-healing, then resort as needed to such arts as âyurveda, acupuncture, allopathy, prânic healing or massage.
- Women are awakening to their subordinate position in society, and recognize their historical exclusion from allopathy and the negative effect of conventional medical treatment on women.
- In the early days of homeopathy, Galenic herbalism was dying and allopathy was on the rise.
- Example sentences
- The authors use a set of icons to alert the reader to clinical implications, interpretations, or topics that might be naturopathic or allopathic in origin.
- The Wellness Centre, which delivers aromatherapy, pranic healing, dietetics and Ayurveda to enhance allopathic services at the hospital, will shortly augment its alternative medicine packages.
- Various alternative therapies including reiki, breathwork, and acupuncture are quickly emerging as alternatives to conventional allopathic medical treatments.
- Example sentences
- The patients, therefore, were obliged to yield to the sad necessity, because they could obtain no better aid from other allopathists, who had gained their knowledge from the same deceitful books.
- Dr. Colby studied in Philadelphia, and, after graduation, was at first an allopathist, but eclectic in practice; yet within a few years she has preferred to practise as a homoeopathist.
- Good old Mark also proclaimed ‘that you may honestly feel grateful that the homeopath survived attempts of the allopathists to destroy it.’
Definición de allopathy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan