Definición de allow en inglés:
- Adam reckons I'm not allowed to eat in bed when I move in with him, but we'll see about that.
- Because we are prepared to allow people to make their own decisions we cannot be sure just quite where those decisions will take them.
- Faced with these figures, it beggars belief that the Government is prepared to allow people to drink around the clock.
- Legal powers agreed in 1990 allow officers to enter properties and turn off alarms if the owner fails to do so.
- David has some interesting things to say about the game, and the morally dubious world it allows you to enter.
- Thank you for allowing us to enter the throne room of God with our imperfections and doubts.
- The Government has decided not to allow cultural events in the evenings in Lalbagh.
- Swindon Council's planning committee will decide whether to allow the project to go ahead.
- Earlier this month the Federal Justice Minister decided to allow the extradition process to begin.
- Churchgate will be closed to traffic to allow the event to take place.
- What makes ice so slippery, allowing these fun activities?
- His trembling hand got the glass close enough to his mouth to allow him a sip.
- He said that it might be possible to amend the Coroner's Act to allow for such a provision to be made.
- In some cases the provision which allows for or requires the thing to be done also prescribes that it must be done personally and not by an agent.
- Typically, there will be a provision in the rules allowing for their variation from time to time.
- Plan your trip allowing for short breaks and start out fresh by getting enough sleep in the week leading up to your trip.
- A business plan that does not allow for adjustment can end up very far off the mark.
- A wrong calculation allowing for too little time will result in an unfinished work.
- Further questioning revealed that the purpose was to allow flood water to escape more quickly.
- The scarf's purpose is to allow the bobbin case hook to get close to the needle eye and catch the thread to form a stitch.
- The cup of cream for six eggs is there for one purpose only: to allow the recipe to succeed.
- The Federal Court has allowed that treatments are patentable.
- I hesitated, but allowed that we'd do sort of a trial run for a few months.
- He should have allowed that the British Empire was made out of empty spaces or, in India, collapsing states.
- He allowed that Social Security was ‘the single most successful government program in American history.’
- He allowed that he was going to stay and eat supper with the big old bear.
- Said when making a polite request or offering help: please allow me to introduce myself ‘Here, allow me,’ came a woman’s voice from behind himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Hurriedly, she added, "Please allow me to thank you for your service."
- Allow me to be among the first to congratulate you on your acceptance.
- Kindly allow me the courtesy of your columns to convey the following to my Indian brethren.
- [sentence adverb]: English is allowedly one of the most complete of the European languagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- No one who has given up his name to Christ, is allowedly a self-seeker; that is against true Christianity.
- However, all stayed splendid and telling music, allowedly they studied to be composers.
- Where then is the danger of trusting these cases, which form allowedly a very large proportion, to the hands of an intelligent and well educated woman?
Middle English (originally in the senses 'commend, sanction' and 'assign as a right'): from Old French alouer, from Latin allaudare 'to praise', reinforced by medieval Latin allocare 'to place' (see allocate).
This was originally used to mean ‘commend, sanction’ and ‘assign as a right’. Both meanings were adopted from Old French alouer in about 1300. The source was Latin allaudare ‘to praise’, reinforced by medieval Latin allocare ‘to place’.
Palabras que riman con allowavow, Bilbao, Bissau, bough, bow, bow-wow, brow, cacao, chow, ciao, cow, dhow, Dow, endow, Foochow, Frau, Hangzhou, Hough, how, Howe, kowtow, Lao, Liao, Macao, Macau, miaow, Mindanao, mow, now, ow, Palau, plough (US plow), pow, prow, row, scow, Slough, sough, sow, Tao, thou, vow, wow, Yangshao
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.