Definición de allow en inglés:
- Adam reckons I'm not allowed to eat in bed when I move in with him, but we'll see about that.
- Because we are prepared to allow people to make their own decisions we cannot be sure just quite where those decisions will take them.
- Faced with these figures, it beggars belief that the Government is prepared to allow people to drink around the clock.
- Legal powers agreed in 1990 allow officers to enter properties and turn off alarms if the owner fails to do so.
- David has some interesting things to say about the game, and the morally dubious world it allows you to enter.
- Thank you for allowing us to enter the throne room of God with our imperfections and doubts.
- The Government has decided not to allow cultural events in the evenings in Lalbagh.
- Swindon Council's planning committee will decide whether to allow the project to go ahead.
- Earlier this month the Federal Justice Minister decided to allow the extradition process to begin.
- Churchgate will be closed to traffic to allow the event to take place.
- What makes ice so slippery, allowing these fun activities?
- His trembling hand got the glass close enough to his mouth to allow him a sip.
- He said that it might be possible to amend the Coroner's Act to allow for such a provision to be made.
- In some cases the provision which allows for or requires the thing to be done also prescribes that it must be done personally and not by an agent.
- Typically, there will be a provision in the rules allowing for their variation from time to time.
- Plan your trip allowing for short breaks and start out fresh by getting enough sleep in the week leading up to your trip.
- A business plan that does not allow for adjustment can end up very far off the mark.
- A wrong calculation allowing for too little time will result in an unfinished work.
- Further questioning revealed that the purpose was to allow flood water to escape more quickly.
- The scarf's purpose is to allow the bobbin case hook to get close to the needle eye and catch the thread to form a stitch.
- The cup of cream for six eggs is there for one purpose only: to allow the recipe to succeed.
- The Federal Court has allowed that treatments are patentable.
- I hesitated, but allowed that we'd do sort of a trial run for a few months.
- He should have allowed that the British Empire was made out of empty spaces or, in India, collapsing states.
- He allowed that Social Security was ‘the single most successful government program in American history.’
- He allowed that he was going to stay and eat supper with the big old bear.
Middle English (originally in the senses 'commend, sanction' and 'assign as a right'): from Old French alouer, from Latin allaudare 'to praise', reinforced by medieval Latin allocare 'to place' (see allocate).
This was originally used to mean ‘commend, sanction’ and ‘assign as a right’. Both meanings were adopted from Old French alouer in about 1300. The source was Latin allaudare ‘to praise’, reinforced by medieval Latin allocare ‘to place’.
- Said when making a polite request or offering help: please allow me to introduce myself ‘Here, allow me,’ came a woman’s voice from behind himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Hurriedly, she added, "Please allow me to thank you for your service."
- Allow me to be among the first to congratulate you on your acceptance.
- Kindly allow me the courtesy of your columns to convey the following to my Indian brethren.
- [sentence adverb]: English is allowedly one of the most complete of the European languagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- No one who has given up his name to Christ, is allowedly a self-seeker; that is against true Christianity.
- However, all stayed splendid and telling music, allowedly they studied to be composers.
- Where then is the danger of trusting these cases, which form allowedly a very large proportion, to the hands of an intelligent and well educated woman?
Palabras que riman con allowavow, Bilbao, Bissau, bough, bow, bow-wow, brow, cacao, chow, ciao, cow, dhow, Dow, endow, Foochow, Frau, Hangzhou, Hough, how, Howe, kowtow, Lao, Liao, Macao, Macau, miaow, Mindanao, mow, now, ow, Palau, plough (US plow), pow, prow, row, scow, Slough, sough, sow, Tao, thou, vow, wow, Yangshao
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.