Definición de alloxan en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
An acidic compound obtained by the oxidation of uric acid and isolated as an efflorescent crystalline hydrate.
- Chemical formula: C4H2N2O4
- To investigate the molecular mechanism underlying the effects of oxidative stress on plant growth reorientation, the effects of alloxan on isolated leaf protoplasts were studied.
- In a study of rats given alloxan to induce diabetes, both water and alcohol extracts of fenugreek had some hypoglycemic activity.
- His less successful projects included an attempt to discover a tooth-dye so fashionable ladies could match their smiles to their other accessories and a scheme for synthesizing alloxan - essential to lipstick - from python-droppings.
mid 19th century: from all(antoin) + ox(alic) + -an.
Definición de alloxan en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary