Definición de alloxan en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
An acidic compound obtained by the oxidation of uric acid and isolated as an efflorescent crystalline hydrate.
- Chemical formula: C4H2N2O4
- To investigate the molecular mechanism underlying the effects of oxidative stress on plant growth reorientation, the effects of alloxan on isolated leaf protoplasts were studied.
- In a study of rats given alloxan to induce diabetes, both water and alcohol extracts of fenugreek had some hypoglycemic activity.
- His less successful projects included an attempt to discover a tooth-dye so fashionable ladies could match their smiles to their other accessories and a scheme for synthesizing alloxan - essential to lipstick - from python-droppings.
mid 19th century: from all(antoin) + ox(alic) + -an.
Definición de alloxan en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan