Definición de almsgiving en inglés:
(In historical or religious contexts) the practice of giving money or food to poor people: benevolence in the form of almsgiving was encouraged
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The growing alienation of the elites had turned poverty from an opportunity for the Christian virtue of almsgiving into a sign of moral failure.
- He was in charge of the care of church property and almsgiving.
- There are three traditional focuses for our Lenten observance and they are prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
- almsgiver sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was a generous almsgiver.
- He was an almsgiver with a firm determination to study Buddhist scriptures.
- Unlike the almsgivers of past times to whom suffering was suffering and to be alleviated however it had been incurred, these men are stern moralists.
Definición de almsgiving en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda