(In historical or religious contexts) the practice of giving money or food to poor people: benevolence in the form of almsgiving was encouraged
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The growing alienation of the elites had turned poverty from an opportunity for the Christian virtue of almsgiving into a sign of moral failure.
- He was in charge of the care of church property and almsgiving.
- There are three traditional focuses for our Lenten observance and they are prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was a generous almsgiver.
- He was an almsgiver with a firm determination to study Buddhist scriptures.
- Unlike the almsgivers of past times to whom suffering was suffering and to be alleviated however it had been incurred, these men are stern moralists.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: alms|giv¦ing
Definición de almsgiving en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda