Definición de almsgiving en inglés:
(In historical or religious contexts) the practice of giving money or food to poor people: benevolence in the form of almsgiving was encouraged
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other hand, Jesus points out that if believers faithfully practice almsgiving, prayer, and fasting then an unstated heavenly reward awaits them.
- They forgot that God was actually the beginning and end of all their prayer, fasting and almsgiving - and began to see the world revolving round themselves.
- He was a regular observer of religious rites, took great pains to secure decorum in the services of the church, and was generous in almsgiving both within his empire and without.
- Example sentences
- He caught the attention of Archbishop Hubert Walter by 1195, and through him became confessor and alms-giver to King John from 1204 to 1207.
- These good souls are clearly survivals from the alms-givers of the medieval Church.
- Unlike the almsgivers of past times to whom suffering was suffering and to be alleviated however it had been incurred, these men are stern moralists.
Definición de almsgiving en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan