- A house founded by charity, offering accommodation for poor people.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of their income went on schools, almshouses, and the poor, and their charity attracted so many beggars that there was bad feeling in the village.
- Salt built for his huge workforce a Congregational Church, 45 almshouses, 850 houses, plus schools, a hospital, library and bath houses - all neatly laid out in a grid.
- Rev Ruth Scott, a mother of two, works as a part-time chaplain in Richmond Church Charity's seven almshouses.
Más definiciones de almshouseDefinición de almshouse en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.